I'm finding that my lists of great reads are beginning to get rather lengthy, so in an effort to slightly pare down but also elevate the awesome, I'm going to begin sharing a curated top ten good reads (and occasional watches) from around the web.*
What I Was Reading & Watching
1. Eating Through Nicaragua on TravelShus
The food in Nicaragua looks right up my alley - tostones are one of my favorite foods.
2. Everyday Adventure // Mt. Elbert on Annabelle MIntz // Move Beautifully
The views from the summit of this Colorado hike are just about enough for me to book a plane ticket.
3. Why So Many Icelanders Still Believe in Invisible Elves on The Atlantic
I think the world is made a better place when we believe there's a little magic in it.
4. Field Notes + Gluten Free Apple Fritter Doughnuts on Happyolks
For the first time ever, I want a donut pan.
5. Homemade Tootsie Rolls on kumquat
Due to my intolerance to most cow milk dairy and dislike of unpronounceable ingredients, most all candy has been off limits. So homemade? Yes, please!
6. 'I Quit' Dance on NPR's The Two-Way
I respect this so very much and hope one day to be this awesome.
7. Kokohuia Lodge on Travelettes
This lodge is being added to the next New Zealand itinerary.
8. Childen's Hospital at Darthmouth-Hitchcock Perform's Katy Perry's Roar
This video gets the my tears rolling and the advocate in me way inspired.
9. Inside the Fukushima evacuation zone on Deserted Places
I'm fascinated by abandoned places and these are particularly interesting given the cause of their abandonment.
10. Letters to Our Younger Selves: Dear Pam on AOL Travel
A fab travel writer writes a letter to her younger self.
Where I Was Elsewhere On The Web
Sharing what motivates me to travel on Alyssa Writes.
Sharing two favorite parks, one near and one far on Annabelle Mintz // Move Beautifully.
On Her Packing List, sharing the five items that saved our camping trip in the Canadian Rockies.
On My Cooking Spot, sharing a recipe for Acorn Squash Soufflé with Apple Cinnamon Topping.
In Case You Missed It
Exploring My Roots in Basque Country
Exploring Maligne Canyon
Photo Essay: A Walk Around Emerald Lake in Yoho National Park
Hiking to Taranaki Falls in Tongariro National Park
Scenes from New Zealand, Canada, & California
Gluten Free Friendly Finds in Washington, DC and Vancouver, BC
*Are ten good reads just not enough? If you follow me on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest - you'll get lots more suggestions on great reads through my tweets, shares, and pins!