Based of a cookie my grandmother used to make me, these are my go to cookie for myself when feeling in need of a cookie. They're soft and moist and the chocolate gives them that guiltiness that all cookies need. I love them for road trips and travel.
- 140 grams gluten free flour blend
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup almond milk, or other non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp gluten free vanilla
- 1 medium carrot, grated (if you make a double batch, use 3 carrots)
- 1/2 cup gluten, dairy, and soy free mini chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
In a medium bowl combine and whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
Add the gluten free oats and mix together.
In a small bowl combine and whisk together the egg whites, brown sugar, coconut oil, almond milk, and vanilla.
Pour the liquid mixture into the medium bowl and mix well with the dry ingredients.
Stir in the grated carrot and the chocolate chips.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat.
Using a large spoon, drop 2 inch balls of dough at least 2 inches apart on the lined baking sheet.
Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until the edges have begun to brown.